I had lunch today with Sonja, who I haven’t seen for a few months. I broke the news that I got married! She was shocked! That was cool. She’s house-hunting, so we shared some stories of weird homes we’ve seen. It was nice, even though we stayed in the cafeteria a little longer than we’d intended … Oops.
So here’s the new plan for re-doing the kitchen. I wrote it all up like this so GG could see how much work this is going to be – hopefully he’s up for it. (Also, for more experienced home fixer-uppers, am I missing any steps?)
- Stain cabinets
- Remove cabinet doors (mark which doors go with which cabinets)
- Sand doors and cabinet bases
- Stain doors and cabinet bases
- Re-attach doors
- Buy tile (including extra for mistakes/mis-measurement)
- Move everything out of kitchen, including stove and refridgerator (get some help from my uncle or GG’s dad or some other man?)
- Remove old linoleum, and maybe the next layer?
- Clean whatever floor is under that (maybe with TSP?)
- Lay new tile
- Put everything back
- Go to Best Buy and order it
- Use Craigslist or Freecycle to see if someone is interested in buying/taking the old stove, otherwise Best Buy hauls away for free anyway
- Be at the house two weeks later when they deliver it
- New table and chairs
- New trash can?
GG bought Million Dollar Baby last night for $5, but of course I fell asleep right before her big Las Vegas fight, so as far as I know, it was a happy movie, because she was doing well up until then. Nobody spoil it for me.*
* Yes, I already know she dies in the end. That was sarcasm. Even though I really did fall asleep.