Yeah, I think I buy too much stuff… I will say, however, that many of these purchases were in preparation for a recent event (e.g. wedding, business trip, road trip), and that makes it okay, right? Anyway, here’s some things I’ve bought recently that I’d like to recommend.
- American Eagle for Payless Anstin Point Flats: I got a patent leather pair to wear to a wedding recently, and they were so comfortable and cute that I went back for a gray suede pair. I love that they have the pointed toe, just because most of my shoes have a rounded toe and while comfortable, I feel like sometimes it makes them look kind of frumpy and also makes my big feet look even bigger. The one complaint I have about them is that the inside is metallic purple, but after wearing them the purple starts to rub off, so they’re just regular metallic silver. Where is the purple color going? Probably absorbed by my body, yum yum!
- RuMe ALL Tote Bag: Those who have gone shopping with me know: I bring my own RuMe tote bags. I have lots of them, I use them for everything, I give them away as gifts. They are the best reusable bags, in my opinion – they’re huge, can support a lot of weight, are comfortable to wear over your shoulder or hold by the handle, and fold up very small. So when I saw they had come out with a tote bag, I pounced on it right away! It comes in lots of pretty colors, but being boring I chose black. It is awesome! Not quite as big as the regular tote, but it makes up for its small size by having non-slip handles, a zipper, and several outer pockets. And yes, it’s still lightweight and folds up just like the regular bags!
- Powercup Inverter: This is about the size and shape of a medium paper coffee cup, it plugs into the cigarette lighter in your car, and gives you two three-prong outlets and a USB port. I first saw this last year and really liked the idea, but decided it wouldn’t work for me because by using it you lose your lighter port, so I couldn’t use it to power both my MP3 player (USB) and GPS (lighter) at the same time. However, my situation has changed and I now have two lighter ports, so I decided to go for it. It works great! I wonder if it needs to be so huge to work, though? I understand that it fits in the cup holder, but maybe it could be shorter (like a small coffee cup)?
- Black Merona Satchel Purse and Microfiber Work Tote: I got both of these specifically for my business trip. My friend Jen (hi Jen!) at work actually had the purse in a gray color and I thought it would be great to take with me because it was large and had a zip-top, so I picked up one of my own in black. (I can’t find a picture of it online, but it’s pretty similar to this one.) It has three large pockets inside, in which I could carry an umbrella, book, big lint roller, and a day’s worth of snacks (in addition to my regular purse stuff: wallet, hair brush, makeup bag, etc.). The only thing I think it was lacking is smaller inside pockets, like a spot on the inside to slip my cell phone. Everything in the main pocket kind of rattled around in a pit, despite my attempts to keep it organized. The work tote is fantastic. I was nervous about taking my regular work bag on my trip because it doesn’t zip shut and also the handles are kind of falling apart – I could just imagine walking through the train station and the whole thing falling off my shoulder. This new bag is sleek, fully padded, and has a fun pink lining. The straps stayed on my shoulder and it was perfect to carry around on my trip.
- Multi-Strand Pearl and Chain Necklace: I’d wanted a multi-strand necklace like this for a while, but didn’t really see any I liked. Finally I found a really cool one at Target. It’s not the one pictured below, but it’s very similar, with various chains and a string of silvery pearls, but mine is a little more twisted and tangled than the one in the picture. It’s really funky, and could add some interest to a formal outfit, or even dress up jeans and a t-shirt – as I did tonight, and received several compliments from strangers!