Our internet went out last night, thanks Verizon, though it seems to be back on this morning (based on the lights on the modem, I didn’t actually try to use the computer). I just realized we have a bill due tomorrow and I’m not sure if it covers the couple weeks recently where we had such slow connection speeds over the weekends that it was pretty much futile to try to do anything. I think those weeks might be on our next bill. Whenever it is, I’m going to call them up and try to get a discount of some sort.
They just replaced the arms on my desk chair, which is great because one of them was all torn up and it hurt to rest my arm on it, and I was just dealing with it, but then the other day our VP was like, “What happened to your chair?!” So I figured maybe I should call and get it fixed. Also, we’re having that April birthday party this afternoon that I’m hosting – I didn’t really have anything planned, but somehow yesterday afternoon threw together a nice menu of veggie tray, crackers and cheese, ice cream with a couple toppings, and a tray of brownies (that I baked!) with buttercream frosting and red sugar sprinkles. Whew!
My to-do list (updated since yesterday):
- Tuesday 4/29 – Department birthday party at work, print band concert programs after work, move stuff in basement so windows can be reached
- Wednesday 4/30 – Band practice
- Thursday 5/1 – Band dress rehearsal
- Friday 5/2 – Work from home, basement windows installed (and try to catch up on The Office and Lost online!)
- Saturday 5/3 – PSP Alumni events at MU
- Sunday 5/4 – Band concert
- Monday 5/5 – Buy ketchup, mustard, and relish for a wedding shower at work
- Tuesday 5/6 – Wedding shower at work
- Wednesday 5/7 – Band practice
- Thursday 5/8 – Meet with financial planner
- Wednesday 5/14 – Band practice
- Friday 5/16 – Another surprise wedding shower at work
- Saturday 5/17 – Brandon & Brea’s wedding
- Wednesday 5/21 – Band practice
- Wednesday 5/28 – Band practice
- Saturday 5/31 – Jess & Rob’s wedding
Also, I have to shop for food and decorations for the surprise wedding shower we’re throwing, and we might be getting carpet installed somewhere in there. And before we meet with the financial planner on 5/8 I have to finish reading that book he told me to read so I have all my questions ready for him (I was taking notes and writing down thoughts and questions, which does not lend itself to bedtime reading, and since that’s really the only place I read books anymore, I kind of stopped reading it).